Supporting small and medium businesses is one of the priorities of international organizations’ operation directions. Grant assistance is provided to small and medium enterprises that have the potential to grow rapidly, to generate investments, to succeed in export markets and to increase employment.
International organizations providing grant assistance допомогу
In cooperation with the UNDP (United Nations Development Program), the grant support programs are implemented for representatives of small and medium businesses in the region in order to start or expand their activities, purchase equipment necessary to start production activity.
The priority directions are:
Announcements about the beginning of contests are placed on the organization’s website: www.ua.undp.org
The USAID Project “Economic Support for Eastern Ukraine” provides grant support to enterprises that have been successfully operated in the region and have the potential to engage representatives of vulnerable population.
Such enterprises are offered:
- grants to support market infrastructure development activities at the community level and (or) to purchase equipment;
- support of pilot activities in the field of alternative energy sources implementation;
- support of activities on production, processing and storage of products and equipment upgrading on a small scale;
- support in purchasing equipment in the field of agricultural production (in particular, support of producers of vegetables and honey products, as well as also other agricultural products, subject to proper justification);
- support in gaining access to other technologies necessary for the development of IHR (International Health Regulations), which will contribute to the development of local economy and the well-being of communities.
The detailed information on grant provision can be found at the link: https://www.dai-global-grants.com/
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) mission implements the programs in the region aimed at providing financial assistance for self-employment and entrepreneurial activity development. More detailed information on grant support can be found at the following link: http://lap.drc.ngo/
The region is implementing the program to renew financing of investment projects of small and medium enterprises “European Union Support for Eastern Ukraine“; the program implementation is provided by the Fund for Entrepreneurship Development through partner institutions: Oschadbank, Ukrgasbank, Piraeus Bank and OTP Leasing. The program envisages granting subsidies and compensations to business entities to reimburse up to 50% of cost of the IHR investment projects (excluding VAT). The detailed information can be found at the link: https://bdf.gov.ua/uk.
Donetsk Regional State Administration is a member of the Open Partnership Platform, which operates within the Program for Managers “Fit for Partnership with Germany” , initiated by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy of Germany (BMWi)
The program offers heads and managers of Ukrainian enterprises a variety of opportunities to improve competencies for active work at the international level and meet potential business partners from Germany.
Funding for the Program is provided by the German side and includes: participation in the online module (6 weeks) and stay in the final module in Germany (2 weeks) with payment for accommodation, meals (half board), insurance and business travel.
Expenditures on the territory of Ukraine related to participation in the Program, including international travel, are financed by the participants themselves.
For 2022, groups are open in the following areas:
- Economic cooperation (without industry specifics)
- Economic cooperation in the food industry
- Industry 4.0 – Digitization
- Management in the field of health care
- Economic cooperation in the field of energy efficiency
- Economic cooperation in the field of environmental waste disposal
- Economic cooperation in light industry
- Economic cooperation in the hospitality industry – HoReCa
More detailed information on participation can be found at https://ukraine.managerprogramm.de
Crowdfunding – is a way of collective financing of projects, when the funds for launch and development of an idea are provided by people who liked it. More useful expert advice and interesting cases that encourage first-time entrepreneurs to assay their strength can be found in the UNDP Crowdfunding Academy’s experience at the following link https://bitly.su/iSdL
Online marketplace -is a platform created in collaboration with the UNDP to register online stores for small and medium businesses. Entrepreneurs, wishing to join the platform, are provided with the necessary advisory and technical support for registration of their personal accounts/stores, as well with the promotional assistance for advertising their goods online.
To Start Business – is a free online platform created with the support of the UNDP for business start-up and development. On the platform you can learn how to minimize possible risks, how to find sources of funding, to create a calendar of business events, business communities, etc. This online platform contains useful educational and informational materials on business start-up and development:
- Own business. How to start a business?
- Food Industry
- Logistic sphere
- Food delivery service
- Restaurant business
- Baked goods
- Manufacture of furniture
- Transport maintenance services
- Industrial equipment
- Creative industry
- Production of textiles, ceramics
- Hotel business
- Technology sphere
- Advertising industry
- Export to the EU